We accredit programs which train individuals to care for family members. When your program meets our standards of excellence, you can display our accreditation logo on your website. Our accreditation logo assures your training program participants that you deliver training that truly helps and support family caregivers.
To submit your program for your review:
- compete the form, below
- submit your payment of $100
After we receive your form and payment, one of our accreditation advisors will review your application. Our advisor will reach out with any questions or if additional details are needed. If we cannot approve your program, we’ll follow up with actions steps you can take to re-submit your application. If we approve your program, you’ll receive an approval letter and logo. Your approval lasts two years when you’ll be invited to renew your approval.
Your payment is non-refundable so please be sure to submit a completed application.
Family Caregiver Training Program Accreditation Submission
Program Instructors: At least one instructor must be a family caregiver or former family caregivers and one instructor must have completed a coach training program. The instructor can be a former family caregiver who also completed a life coach training program.
Program Details: Has already trained at least 20 participants.
Program Developers: At least one family caregiver must be reimbursed for developing and designing the program.
Organization: Provides information on program details, costs and a refund policy on marketing material, including a website.
Program Cost: Training must be affordably priced.
- Provides insights into the caregiving experience
- Teaches hands-on care skills
- Educates participants on crisis planning and system navigation
- Offers strategies to manage stress, worries and overwhelm
- Includes templates for budgeting and tracking care
- Has been updated at least once in the past two years
- Includes both recorded modules and live training
- Teaches a communication strategy to minimize stress
- Teaches planning sessions or tools to help family caregivers manage the experience
- Asks participants to evaluate the program
- Evaluations ask for feedback on program content, training and instructors
- Please upload 10 evaluations from your program, including at least one less than stellar evaluation. Please tell us how you used this evaluation to improve the program.
- Provides an opportunity for graduates to connect at least quarterly for support and updates